Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Today's Trip To CVS!

Sorry I didn't get a pic of the results of today's shopping trip to CVS, but here's a summary:

What I bought -
6 two-liters of Diet Coke
12 pack Charmin Basic
13 ounce Tone body wash
32 loads Tide
Mega large Aussie hairspray
Dawn dish washing liquid

Here's what I paid - $7.24 (and that includes tax!!)
Every item I purchased was on sale this week, and I had coupons for every item except the Diet Coke. My coupons totaled $4.25. I then used $14.00 ECBs and paid $7.24 out of pocket! Then the nice register printed out $5 worth of ECBs for my next purchase!

Nice deals this week! I noticed my receipt says the quarterly ECBs start printing January 1, so it will be interesting to see how all that works. I've only been CVSing for a couple of months now and I am still learning. I can see a huge difference in how I shop there, and my savings are always good. I encourage anyone trying to save $ on their household consumables to give it a try! I am not getting many good grocery deals at CVS, but I know there are others who do. I spend time each week with the Kroger sale flyer, and that's where I am saving big on my groceries.

Here's where I started learning about CVS shopping: www.simplycvsshopping.com

Even if you're not interested in being a die-hard CVSer, their sale on Charmin Basic is great this week (12 double rolls for $4.99 plus you get $1 ECB) and Coke products (.88 cent for a 2 liter, limit 6). You will need a CVS card to get these deals.

Happy Shopping!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great trip! Very true, you can save big even without being a "Crazy CVSer!" I would like to invite you to link up your CVS shopping trips each week at Simply CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping back to say thanks for linking up your CVS shopping trip at Simply CVS.

    ReplyDelete